New Model, the preview model of USR025630D
Supports V.92 and V.90
Faster and easier to use than ever before V.92 enhancements reduce your time to connect, utilise your phone company's call management services, and enable faster upstream connections.
ControlCenter for optimum modem performance ControlCenter supports the Modem on Hold feature and allows users to configure V.PCM speeds. The Instant Update feature can be used to automatically check for available software updates over the Internet.
Internet Call Notification (ICN) puts you in charge of calls ICN monitors modem activity while online and lets you take full advantage of Modem on Hold. Get notified of incoming calls with Caller ID and choose to accept or reject the call. Call Waiting and Caller ID services are required from your local
telephone service provider.
Great Tools to Get the Best of Your
Shopping, games, video clips, music…more than ever before, the Internet brings the world to your desk. To experience the richest sounds and most vivid graphics, you need the fastest possible connection on your analogue phone line. The U.S. Robotics 56K Faxmodem with V.92 technology offers not only fast downloads, but great new features as well.
In addition to these great new enhancements, the U.S. Robotics 56K Faxmodem offers all the features and functionality you’ve come to trust — fast and reliable connections, quality, and durability.
Today’s Internet offers more products, information, entertainment, and services than ever before. Now the U.S. Robotics 56K Faxmodem offers choices and flexibility to make the most of your Internet experience.
What’s NEW in V.92 Technology
V.92 brings three new key features to 56K technology: Modem on Hold makes the most of Call Waiting, Caller ID, and voice mail services from your phone company. If you take the call using ICN, the modem “suspends” your online session during your conversation, and lets you resume it afterwards without redialing.
Quick Connect reduces the time it takes to make a connection to your service provider. By “remembering” the line conditions from the previous connection, the modem can bypass portions of its training sequence and get you online faster.
V.PCM Upstream allows the modem’s upstream communication to reach speeds up to 48 Kbps. With ControlCenter software, you choose whether to maintain the fastest possible downstream speed (up to 56K) or a “balanced” connection of downstream and upstream communication.
Features and Benefits
Great Internet Performance Built In
When superior performance is important to you, the U.S. Robotics 56K Faxmodem comes through:
• V.92 Recommendation Bringing V.PCM upstream, Modem on Hold, and Quick Connect for which U.S. Robotics offer great utilities such as ControlCenter and ICN to take full advantage of those new features.
• Complies with international standards: Connect with other modems, computers, and fax machines all over the world.
• Controller-based: Controller-based modem for superior performance.
• Designed for Windows: Works with Windows 95 and later operating systems.
Standards and Specifications
• V.92, V.90, V.34, V.32bis, V.32, V.22bis, V.22, V.23, and V.21
• V.42/MNP 2-4 error correction, V.42 bis/MNP 5 compression
• V.80 video conferencing support
•Fax: EIA 578 (Class 1) and EIA 592 (Class 2.0) with V.17, V.29 , V.27ter LEDs (Rx, Tx, CD, Power)
•DTE Interface: RS232/V.24 - DB25 female connector
•Phone Line Interface: One RJ-11 socket
•Power Supply: 9Vac 1A
•Power Switch Minimum System Requirements
• PC with 486DX or Pentium processor or equivalent
• Available serial port
• Microsoft Windows 95 or later Windows operating system (required for software)
• Analogue phone line V.92 Requirements
• Requires compatible analogue phone line and server equipment. Contact your ISP for V.92 service availability in your area.
• Call Waiting service required for using Internet Call Notification (ICN).
• Caller ID service required for utilising Caller ID feature of ICN.
• Windows 95, 98, NT 4.0, 2000, ME, XP, Server 2003 & 2008, XP, Vista, Win 7
• U.S. Robotics 56K Faxmodem (Modellnummer: Deutschland / Österreich: USR025630D)
• Power supply unit (12V 500mA, 2.5mm plug)
• Telephone lead
• Serial cable
• Quick Install Guide
• U.S. Robotics Installation Essentials CD with modem device drivers, data/fax software, ControlCenter, ICN, and manuals
• Internet/online service provider trial software
• 56K V.92 Faxmodem USRobotics USR025630D